I don’t do much recording, but I setup a series recording for a PBS Kids show that my kids like and decided to go looking for something to remove the commercials. The first place I looked was at the MCEBuddy site. I used it a good while back and was impressed, so when revisiting, I found that a new beta was released this past Sunday (1th).
MCEBuddy 1.1 BETA3 for x86 and x64 systems is now available. Download page is here.
A quick rundown of what’s new (taken directly from the MCEBuddy download page):
- Disk space check to ensure there is sufficient space for the conversion
- File history logging – remembering which files have been converted and allows re-conversion
- H264 conversions are now apple friendly
- iPhone/iTouch and new iPod profiles
- MPEG conversion now works correctly
- WMV conversion now works correctly
- Better Mediaportal support
- Sub directory search option
- Multiple file masks
- Updated to support and include the latest comskip
- Updated to support the latest ShowAnalyzer
- Better conversion failure support
- Volume correction
- Updated PS3/XBox 360 profile
- Built in event log viewer for only MCEBuddy events
- Some UI tweaks
- Monitor application is not in the startup by default
- Fixes to file mask
- New version update checker
- Completion check fixes
I know I can’t wait to see how it performs!