I just received some notes and images on the up-and-coming Media Browser 3 (I like MB3 though). I don’t know much about how it works or anything as I was not included on the alpha team, but I’ll share what I’m given and try to find out as much as possible in the meanwhile. Until then, enjoy these teasers…
Here are some noteworthy points before I induce the drool:
- MB3 will be a true client-server application and will be compatible with multiple platforms
- Server will run on Windows 7/8 or Windows Server 2008/2012
- Six (6) client applications are currently under development
- VLC-powered Media Browser Theater, which is the standalone replacement for MB2.
- The Dashboard, which is a web-based client and can run in any HTLM5-enabled browser. This drives the server configuration interface and allows for library browsing. This also provides the basis for supporting Android, Windows RT, and Windows Phone 7/8
- Some plugins will be converted for transfer to MB3, but many new features will be included
- User profiles
- Special feature support
- In-movie menus
- Chapter selection
- Much, much more
- A new public web-based API will be made available for encouraging enthusiastic and active developers to join and contribute to the project. iOS, Roku, and DLNA-compatible devices are in high demand – join the team!
Now, get your bibs on…
So, what do you think? More here.